1. Veteran film director Ken Loach (The Wind That Shakes The Barley, Kes) had a problem.
To continue editing his final film, he needed a specific type of film numbering tape - which is in very short supply.
2. Loach put out an appeal in Screen magazine, asking other editors and post-production houses to help him find the tape.
And Pixar responded.
3. An editor at Pixar got in touch, and sent Loach their entire stock of the edge number tape.
Along with an illustration of Mike and Sully using the tape.
Via The Guardian
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.