1. This is a McKatsu. It was created by Zef Cherry-Kynaston entirely from ingredients available at McDonald’s.
2. The meal cost £8.52 to put together.
Writing on his Tumblr, Cherry-Kynaston laid out the recipe:
1 x Chicken Legend (No mayo). £3.29
1 x Garden Side Salad. 99p
5 x Hash Browns. £3.45
1 x Carrot Sticks (Wasted purchase, already had carrot in the Garden Salad). 79p
14 x Curry Sauce (Only needed about 6). FREE
GRAND TOTAL: £8.52
3. And the chopsticks? They’re straws.
4. The rice was especially tricky to create, Cherry-Kynaston told Metro.
“I tried chopping French fries up and squeezing out the potato then rolling it up to make rice granule shapes. Looked awful and I got about one grain of rice per chip. In the end it was the breakfast menu that saved it.”
- The Temple of Bel, an important ancient structure in the ISIS-held Syrian city of Palmyra, has been destroyed, the United Nations says. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- The U.S. Supreme Court says a Kentucky county must issue marriage licenses while its clerk appeals a ruling in a lawsuit from three same-sex couples against her "no marriage licenses" policy. ›