1. This is a McKatsu. It was created by Zef Cherry-Kynaston entirely from ingredients available at McDonald’s.
2. The meal cost £8.52 to put together.
Writing on his Tumblr, Cherry-Kynaston laid out the recipe:
1 x Chicken Legend (No mayo). £3.29
1 x Garden Side Salad. 99p
5 x Hash Browns. £3.45
1 x Carrot Sticks (Wasted purchase, already had carrot in the Garden Salad). 79p
14 x Curry Sauce (Only needed about 6). FREE
GRAND TOTAL: £8.52
3. And the chopsticks? They’re straws.
4. The rice was especially tricky to create, Cherry-Kynaston told Metro.
“I tried chopping French fries up and squeezing out the potato then rolling it up to make rice granule shapes. Looked awful and I got about one grain of rice per chip. In the end it was the breakfast menu that saved it.”
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?