1. This is a McKatsu. It was created by Zef Cherry-Kynaston entirely from ingredients available at McDonald’s.
2. The meal cost £8.52 to put together.
Writing on his Tumblr, Cherry-Kynaston laid out the recipe:
1 x Chicken Legend (No mayo). £3.29
1 x Garden Side Salad. 99p
5 x Hash Browns. £3.45
1 x Carrot Sticks (Wasted purchase, already had carrot in the Garden Salad). 79p
14 x Curry Sauce (Only needed about 6). FREE
GRAND TOTAL: £8.52
3. And the chopsticks? They’re straws.
4. The rice was especially tricky to create, Cherry-Kynaston told Metro.
“I tried chopping French fries up and squeezing out the potato then rolling it up to make rice granule shapes. Looked awful and I got about one grain of rice per chip. In the end it was the breakfast menu that saved it.”
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›