2. First things first, gather your materials.
You will need:
1. A dark shadow for contouring, and a highlighter for highlighting. We’re using Tom Ford Highlight and Contour Palate, with Pearl Cream Colour Base by MAC as a highlighter. It’s important to get a shadow that is matte not glittery - you’re going to be creating a shadow. The lighter colour (your highlighter) can have a shimmer in it.
2. A tapered brush. We’re using a MAC number 168 brush. You could also use a normal blusher brush. You could use a sponge if you wanted, but this will require a lot more blending.
3. You’re going to be accentuating the places where shadows normally fall on the face.
So first of all, below the cheekbone. Using your brush, measure a straight line with your brush from your ear to the side of your mouth - like if you sucked in your cheeks. This is where you will put the contour.
5. Brush off the excess on your hand.
6. Lightly bring the colour along the line you traced earlier.
Don’t worry if it looks too strong. You will blend as you go.
7. Bring the excess on the brush up to the temple, and blend.
It’s important to contour the whole face - bring the product into your hairline, and behind your ears. You don’t want it to just stop.
8. Next, you’re going to highlight.
You can highlight the top of the cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, under the brow bone, and your cupid’s bow. You can choose as many of these as you like, depending on how natural you want your look to be.
9. Load the product onto your ring finger.
11. If you’ve got a rounder face, like Nicky, you can take the contour one step further.
12. Here, we’re using a different set of products to suit Nicky’s skintone.
We’re using a Harmony blusher by MAC, and Excentuate by MAC as a highlighter.
13. Bring the contour under the jawbone and blend it back behind the ear.
It’s useful to think of creating the number ‘3’ around the sides of the face.
All make-up by Lucybloom Webb.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›