You will need:
A base colour, plus five other colours (we chose a blue base, with a navy background, and used red, yellow, green and white nail pens.)
Equipment: A cotton bud or a paintbrush dipped in acetone for corrections. A striper brush, or a thin, clean paintbrush (you can use these instead of nail art pens).
Begin by cleaning and buffing the nails, and applying a clear base coat.
1. Begin by applying two coats of your base colour.
2. Next, create the background by painting a thin stripe down the middle of the nail.
It’s easiest if you draw the polish up the nail from the base.
3. Next, use a nail art pen to form small oval blobs - these are the petals.
You could also use a striper brush - and a steady hand - for this.
4. We chose to do three flowers on each nail, but this would look just as pretty with one - or as an accent nail.
6. Continue to add more flowers using your other two pens. However, it looks just as pretty with only one type of flower.
7. Dab a yellow spot in the middle of each flower to represent the pollen.
8. Allow to dry, and finish with a clear top coat.
(Or apply a quick-drying top coat, like Seche Vite).
9. Enjoy your floral nails!
You might also like: How To Create The Perfect Geo Mani In 9 Easy GIFS
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.