1. Komala was the first greater one-horned rhino to be born at Chester Zoo.
2. Under the watchful eye of mum Asha, she made her first public appearance.
3. Curator of mammals at Chester Zoo Tim Rowland stated “Komala is a proper little bruiser”.
4. Komala was born on 7 July 2013. Her name means ‘delicate’ in Hindi.
5. There are 3,000 Indian rhinos left in the wild.
Ailbhe Malone is the UK lifestyle editor for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
In The News Today
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›