1. Komala was the first greater one-horned rhino to be born at Chester Zoo.
2. Under the watchful eye of mum Asha, she made her first public appearance.
3. Curator of mammals at Chester Zoo Tim Rowland stated “Komala is a proper little bruiser”.
4. Komala was born on 7 July 2013. Her name means ‘delicate’ in Hindi.
5. There are 3,000 Indian rhinos left in the wild.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?