1. Socks - the famous dancing pony from the Three advert - is at the heart of a DNA paternity probe.
2. Socks’ owner Mari Williamson explains:
“I put him with three ladies in a field with a loch. But he is a very good swimmer and unfortunately he took a shine to another one of my mares – who I had put in a group with my other stallion Nuggett (pictured).
3. The distance across the loch didn’t deter Socks.
“He just fancied her (Kimberley, pictured) more and thought the grass is always greener on the other side. Socks swam across – and with his three ladies in tow – and now we don’t know for sure who is Scamp’s real father”, Williamson continued.
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- The United Nations has proposed a national unity government for Libya after peace talks between the north African country's two rival factions. ›
- Walter Scott's family has reached a $6.5 million settlement with North Charleston, S.C., where the unarmed black man was fatally shot by an officer in April. ›