1. This is the False Widow spider. You can tell, because of its distinctive white skull marking.
2. They’ve been in the UK since 1870, but their numbers have increased due to a series of mild winters.
The British Arachnological Society says that they are “extremely abundant” in some places.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.