1. A Kickstarter project aims to send a replica TARDIS into Low Earth Orbit to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
The blueprint for the TARDIS.
2. Measuring 1 ft tall, and made from light weight aluminum, the TARDIS has a functioning light - which means that could be a TARDIS with a blinking light orbiting the earth.
The motherboard inside the TARDIS.
3. The craft will contain a GoPro camera (recharged by solar panels) which can take pictures of Earth from orbit.
A test launch of the TARDIS.
They need $33,000 to make it happen. To find out more, and to donate to the project, visit Kickstarter.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Liberia has reported three new cases of Ebola this week. The country was declared Ebola-free on May 9.
- A pilot has broken the world records for longest solo flight and longest non-stop flight ever taken in a solar-powered airplane ?