1. A Kickstarter project aims to send a replica TARDIS into Low Earth Orbit to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
The blueprint for the TARDIS.
2. Measuring 1 ft tall, and made from light weight aluminum, the TARDIS has a functioning light - which means that could be a TARDIS with a blinking light orbiting the earth.
The motherboard inside the TARDIS.
3. The craft will contain a GoPro camera (recharged by solar panels) which can take pictures of Earth from orbit.
A test launch of the TARDIS.
They need $33,000 to make it happen. To find out more, and to donate to the project, visit Kickstarter.
- At least 86 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- Activists are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Million Man March at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. ›
- Elections on Sunday are widely expected to hand Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko a fifth term since 1994. ›