1. A few weeks ago, a group of Parisian hackers took Instagram to the skies, in the little house from Up.
2. Using a Raspberry Pi computer, they bypassed the need for a smartphone - meaning they could post directly to Instagram.
The Raspberry Pi is a small single-board and open sourced computer, which contains a camera and a 3G hotspot.
3. The team attached 100 helium balloons to the house and released it over Paris.
6. Watch a video about the project below:
H/t The Connectivist
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›
- President Obama called on global leaders to address climate change during a visit to the Alaskan Arctic. He is the first U.S. President to tour the Arctic. ›