1. A few weeks ago, a group of Parisian hackers took Instagram to the skies, in the little house from Up.
2. Using a Raspberry Pi computer, they bypassed the need for a smartphone - meaning they could post directly to Instagram.
The Raspberry Pi is a small single-board and open sourced computer, which contains a camera and a 3G hotspot.
3. The team attached 100 helium balloons to the house and released it over Paris.
6. Watch a video about the project below:
H/t The Connectivist
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.