1. A few weeks ago, a group of Parisian hackers took Instagram to the skies, in the little house from Up.
2. Using a Raspberry Pi computer, they bypassed the need for a smartphone - meaning they could post directly to Instagram.
The Raspberry Pi is a small single-board and open sourced computer, which contains a camera and a 3G hotspot.
3. The team attached 100 helium balloons to the house and released it over Paris.
6. Watch a video about the project below:
H/t The Connectivist
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›