2. There are many ways to celebrate Britain’s rich cultural heritage. Be it through modernist literature.
Virginia Woolf, The Waves
3. Surrealist literature.
Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
4. Classical literature.
Thomas Hardy, Tess of D’Urbervilles.
5. Fantasy literature.
A map of the Shire, from The Lord of the Rings.
6. Or modern speculative fiction.
A Terry Pratchett Discworld-inspired tattoo.
8. There are plenty of iconic British acts to choose from.
11. You could choose to honour innovators.
22. And you can be sure to meet like-minded people.
Wallace and Gromit.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail on bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.