1. Recycle Tartan wreathes from Christmas to decorate the house.
Tip via the How To Home.
4. If you don’t have access to heather, you can buy wild heather easily online.
5. Go vintage with your tartan.
6. For a more subtle approach, try tartan nails.
See the tutorial here.
11. Make sure you know the order of ceremonies.
BBC have a really helpful guide here.
12. Raise a dram with a Bobby Burns cocktail.
Find the recipe here.
13. Or try one of these delicious whisky cocktails.
14. Decorate the bottles on the table with these printable kilts.
15. Wrap cutlery in tartan ribbons - or napkins.
Buy some online here.
16. Branch out with Venison or Three Bird Haggis.
Available from supermarkets, and also online.
17. Or try a home-made vegetarian alternative.
18. If you’re not keen on haggis, try Cock-a-Leekie soup.
http://instagram.com/p/e9iA6UITpm/ / http://instagram.com/p/a0jh6kk4ZM/
19. For dessert, what about a Cranachan cupcake?
Find a recipe here.
20. Or how about a twist on a trifle?
http://instagram.com/p/U7_tePx-7d/ / http://instagram.com/p/aj07MQr3fx/
Find the recipe for a Tipsy Laird Trifle here.
22. And of course a Scottish cheeseboard is a must.
This one is made up of Loch Arthur Cheddar, Criffel, Lanark Blue and Carola.
23. Print out these useful diagrams to keep everyone organized.