1. On the 6th of April, people gathered in different cities across the world with one purpose.
2. To have a pillow fight.
3. Organised by the ‘Urban Playground Movement’, International Pillow Fight Day promotes free, non-commercial events for the public.
4. And is also an excuse to bash someone with some feathers.
5. Londoners gathered in Trafalgar Square.
6. New Yorkers got together in Washington Square Park.
7. Vienna also had a crew of fighters.
8. As did Brazil.
9. And Budapest.
10. No matter the location, the same two rules were enforced.
11. Don’t hit anybody with a camera, and don’t hit anybody without a pillow.
12. The result?
13. Total feathery carnage.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›