1. The sequence A113 appears as an Easter Egg in every Pixar film.
The original A113 was a classroom number at the California Institute of the Arts, that was used by John Lasseter and Brad Bird among others.
2. The Pizza Planet truck from Toy Story features in most Pixar films.
3. Nemo from Finding Nemo is hidden in Monsters Inc.
4. Finn McMissile from Cars 2 is hidden on the wall of Andy’s room in Toy Story 3.
5. Lotso fromToy Story 3 has appeared in three films so far.
Toy Story, Up, and Cars 2.
6. There is a fully functioning admissions site for Monsters University.
7. For Brave, the team created a computer simulator to make Merida’s hair look as realistic as possible.
The simulator was called ‘Taz’ and it took a team of six Pixar research engineers and artists over three years to complete the project.
8. And they modeled every thread for every piece of fabric in Brave.
Read more about the computer program here.
9. The Pixar offices are incredible.
Animators work in little huts, there’s Toy Story artwork on the walls, and there’s a room full of cereal.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›