1. The ice bucket challenge has made people happy, seen people fail miserably and annoyed countless others, while undoubtedly taking the world by storm.
2. One glorious hero, when asked by her daughter to take part, went on a classic rant in Spanish most anyone with a Latina mom would find hilarious, familiar and comforting.
3. “For a sickness? Sick is what I’m going to get when I get pneumonia. Who’s going to pay me for the medicine if I get pneumonia?”
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- The Catholic Church fired high-ranking Vatican official Monsignor Krzysztof Charamsa. He came out as gay on Saturday. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›