1. A guy in Orlando made this hilarious ad for his 1996 Nissan Maxima.
His name is Luke Aker of Ikonik Films.
2. The video was attached to his Craigslist ad to sell the car.
3. Nissan decided the viral video and the attention was much too good to pass up and got involved by buying the car.
4. Nissan bought the car for $1,400 and is accepting suggestions for what to do with the car.
Should the Maxima be restored? Donated to charity? Launched across a stadium on a trebuchet? All of the above? Something completely different?
5. You can submit your ideas in the comments here.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.