1. Grammy-winning Los Angeles band La Santa Cecilia released the video for their cover of The Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever” that looks at how the fruit takes from farm to store to table.
2. The band started playing the song six years ago when they formed La Santa Cecilia because they wanted more songs and had always been Beatles fans.
3. “The theme took on a new meaning as we started traveling out of L.A., the Bay Area and seeing the strawberry fields,” band member Jose “Pepe” Carlos told BuzzFeed.
4. “A lot of these people that work the fields never get the recognition they deserve,” Carlos, himself an undocumented DREAMer, said.
5. “These are hard conditions, we should be thankful to the people who work the fields and work the land,” he added.
6. The video comes at a time when immigration issues are especially front-and-center in the U.S.
7. But the band, made up of immigrants, embraces the topic in its music.
8. “Everyone that migrates here from other countries, all they want is work and a better life for their families,” Carlos said.
9. The band which experiments with different rhythms, wanted to make the song their own.
10. “We wanted to give it a more Latin flavor, more of the Santa Cecilia take,” Carlos said.
11. They hope the video will make people think twice.
12. “All the hard work that goes into the fields to produce food for the rest of the country… it should mean a lot to everybody,” Carlos said.
Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!