1. As Egypt hurtles towards an uncertain future in the wake of massive protests, the country is lashing out at supporters of President Mohamed Morsi. Meanwhile, much of the anger on Twitter is being directed at one man: Spokesman Gehad El-Haddad.
2. El-Haddad, the son of Morsi’s foreign advisor Essam al-Haddad, has been attacked on Twitter for defending an unpopular leader and for spreading what many believe to be false information about the number of pro-Morsi supporters.
I would NOT want to be an #MB member in the coming hours, the people have ended Islamic rule in #Egypt. @gelhaddad flee while you can
You shouldn’t call yourself an Egyptian @gelhaddad You’re disgrace to all Egyptians
Mental Orgasm: imagining @gelhaddad and his gang in jail … Oops, multiple mental orgasms baby!
Dear world, @gelhaddad is only representing a group of delusional terrorist lunatics that do not in any way represent #Egypt.
7. As one of the few public and vocal Morsi defenders, El-Haddad continues to elicit passionate posts and he hasn’t shied away from making Morsi’s case for legitimacy.
In case anyone forgot, #Mubarak’s regime rigged every elect. This #Prez won fair & square. #Legitimacy is his as only rep of ppl of #Egypt
For those who forgot, we suffered the Military oversight for 2 yrs in transitional period, the worst bloodiest part of the transition.
This is a military coup, those who accept it r given sweets/flags by military Helis. Those who stand against it r shot by uniform police.
10. But his statements have also been contested. One user juxtaposed a post by El-Haddad purporting to show pro-Morsi support with the same image being used in an article from February 2011. El-Haddad apologized for the mistake.
11. He was also criticized for saying he took part in the major protest on January 25.
The only plan that any ppl hv in face of an attempted coup is to stand in front of the tanks. Just like we did in #Jan25 Rev.
The Big Pharaoh
@gelhaddad @acarvin LOL. You were not even there on Jan25. MB leaders refused to endorse Jan25.
Ù…Ù„Ø¹ÙˆÙ† ÙƒÙ„ baØ§bcØ± bfdaÙ†
liar “@gelhaddad The only plan that any ppl hv in face of an attempted coup is to stand in front of the tanks.Just like we did in #Jan25 Rev