1. Rachel Jeantel, who testified about her last conversation with Trayvon Martin during the George Zimmerman trial, has appeared on CNN since the verdict was announced and Wednesday spoke with The Grio’s Joy-Ann Reid on MSNBC.
2. Jeantel addressed a tweet by Olympic runner Lolo Jones who made fun of her while she was testifying. Jones has since deleted the tweet.
3. “Lolo Jones, I thought of her as a joke,” Jeantel said. “She was funny. She’s a hater. To me she’s a hater. I had a whole lot of haters.”
“She said I act like Madea. Madea has her money too. We can work together,” she said.
Jeantel also talked about the torrent of disparaging comments she received.
“For other people, you can disrespect me, all that, it’s not going to hurt me. I’m just adding you to my hater list.”
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- Rapper 50 Cent may claim he's broke, but court records filed in his bankruptcy case show he has $10 million in various bank accounts.