1. Rachel Jeantel, who testified about her last conversation with Trayvon Martin during the George Zimmerman trial, has appeared on CNN since the verdict was announced and Wednesday spoke with The Grio’s Joy-Ann Reid on MSNBC.
2. Jeantel addressed a tweet by Olympic runner Lolo Jones who made fun of her while she was testifying. Jones has since deleted the tweet.
3. “Lolo Jones, I thought of her as a joke,” Jeantel said. “She was funny. She’s a hater. To me she’s a hater. I had a whole lot of haters.”
“She said I act like Madea. Madea has her money too. We can work together,” she said.
Jeantel also talked about the torrent of disparaging comments she received.
“For other people, you can disrespect me, all that, it’s not going to hurt me. I’m just adding you to my hater list.”
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️