1. Rachel Jeantel, who testified about her last conversation with Trayvon Martin during the George Zimmerman trial, has appeared on CNN since the verdict was announced and Wednesday spoke with The Grio’s Joy-Ann Reid on MSNBC.
2. Jeantel addressed a tweet by Olympic runner Lolo Jones who made fun of her while she was testifying. Jones has since deleted the tweet.
3. “Lolo Jones, I thought of her as a joke,” Jeantel said. “She was funny. She’s a hater. To me she’s a hater. I had a whole lot of haters.”
“She said I act like Madea. Madea has her money too. We can work together,” she said.
Jeantel also talked about the torrent of disparaging comments she received.
“For other people, you can disrespect me, all that, it’s not going to hurt me. I’m just adding you to my hater list.”
- A strong earthquake struck southern Taiwan, killing at least 13 people and causing buildings to collapse.
- Days before New Hampshire's presidential primary, John Kasich got back-to-back questions about a lead water crisis in his home state of Ohio 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.