1. Pope Francis may like to look at Macbooks while on a boat like a boss, but there is one thing he does NOT like. And that’s statues of himself. Just don’t.
2. The statue was in the Cathedral of Buenos Aires, according to Argentinian site Clarin.
[He] got upset when he learned that they had made a statue with his image, and that it was placed in the garden next to the Metropolitan Cathedral to honor him. They say that, without delay, he grabbed the phone, called Buenos Aires’ Curia and emphatically asked it to be removed immediately. “Get that right away,” he told the priest who answered the phone. The request was answered promptly.
3. Pope Francis doesn’t play. It’s because he abhors the “cult of personality.” He was even cheered by a crowd recently and said everyone should be cheering Jesus, not him. But before he laid down the smack, some photos were taken.
4. Uh, nice likeness.
5. Um, nailed it.
6. Yeah, this child is totally into it.
7. Papal statue groupies?
8. But apparently Brazil didn’t hear that Argentina got the Papal backhand because it has its own statue. What are they thinking?
9. They made the statue ride in a motorcade like it was the Pope. Mistake.
10. This woman knows of the coming fury.
- India's telecom authorities have ruled against Free Basics, Facebook's controversial plan to offer free but limited internet.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."
- The New Hampshire primary, the second voting contest of the U.S. presidential nominating season, is on Tuesday.