1. Aaron Hernandez is being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, The Boston Globe reports.
3. Boston Globe reporter in the courtroom.
6. Aaron Hernandez was being investigated for over a week in a murder case when the hammer finally fell all at once.
7. The tight end was reportedly with victim Odin Lloyd on the night of his death. Authorities investigated Hernandez and visited his house; Hernandez reportedly then destroyed his surveillance system and hired professionals to clean his home.
8. The Patriots then cut him loose.
9. The team expressed sympathy to Lloyd’s family:
“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”