1. Aaron Hernandez is being charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd, The Boston Globe reports.
The Boston Globe
BREAKING NEWS: Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez faces murder and other charges. Hernandez arraigned in Attleboro District…
The Boston Globe
BREAKING (cont): Other charges include illegal possession of a firearm.
3. Boston Globe reporter in the courtroom.
#Hernandez’s (undestroyed) phone included texts to the victim and two friends on the night of murder.
Prosecutor: Police have #Hernandez on tape with firearm and saying “you can’t trust anyone anymore” before picking up Lloyd.
Prosecutor: #Hernandez mad that Lloyd talked to people he didn’t like on previous Friday night at Club Rumor.
6. Aaron Hernandez was being investigated for over a week in a murder case when the hammer finally fell all at once.
7. The tight end was reportedly with victim Odin Lloyd on the night of his death. Authorities investigated Hernandez and visited his house; Hernandez reportedly then destroyed his surveillance system and hired professionals to clean his home.
Cuffed Aaron Hernandez just put into cruiser #7news
8. The Patriots then cut him loose.
New England Patriots
The New England #Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez.
9. The team expressed sympathy to Lloyd’s family:
“A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”
10. According to a reporter for the NFL Network, it is still possible that another team could claim Hernandez.
Aaron Hernandez, with three years of service, has to go through waivers. Should know tomorrow at 4 p.m. if someone claims him.
11. It looks like Hernandez won’t be tweeting much for a while. Here are his last three tweets.
- [Dominica Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit said that Tropical Storm Erika killed 20 people there, and set the island back 20 years from the damage. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- [Police are investigating the death of Jamycheal Mitchell, 24, who was arrested months ago in Virginia for allegedly stealing about $5 worth of groceries. He was found dead in his jail cell last week. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/black-man-held-for-months-for-stealing-5-worth-of-snacks-fou)
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›