1. A man and his brother made a heartwarming discovery while scrolling through Google street view. When they zoomed in on their late-grandmother’s home they saw her sitting on the porch in one of her last photos.
Dustin Moore of Beaverton, Ore., posted the photo on Reddit. “I thought it was such an uplifting and awesome picture because it showed just how laid back and awesome she was. Might not mean much to anyone else, I just thought I would share,” he wrote.
2. “I made the joke with my brother. I was like, ‘Well, grandma’s gone, but she still somehow lives on in Google and is watching over us,” he said to KATU-TV.
4. Moore’s story of stumbling upon an image of a beloved relative gave others on Reddit and in comment sections occasion to talk about the family members they see through Google street view.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.
- Greece has become the first developed country to miss a debt payment to the International Monetary Fund.
- The U.S. has defeated Germany 2-0 in the Women's World Cup semis. Team USA will play Japan or England in the final ⚽️