1. A man and his brother made a heartwarming discovery while scrolling through Google street view. When they zoomed in on their late-grandmother’s home they saw her sitting on the porch in one of her last photos.
Dustin Moore of Beaverton, Ore., posted the photo on Reddit. “I thought it was such an uplifting and awesome picture because it showed just how laid back and awesome she was. Might not mean much to anyone else, I just thought I would share,” he wrote.
2. “I made the joke with my brother. I was like, ‘Well, grandma’s gone, but she still somehow lives on in Google and is watching over us,” he said to KATU-TV.
4. Moore’s story of stumbling upon an image of a beloved relative gave others on Reddit and in comment sections occasion to talk about the family members they see through Google street view.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈