1. A man and his brother made a heartwarming discovery while scrolling through Google street view. When they zoomed in on their late-grandmother’s home they saw her sitting on the porch in one of her last photos.
Dustin Moore of Beaverton, Ore., posted the photo on Reddit. “I thought it was such an uplifting and awesome picture because it showed just how laid back and awesome she was. Might not mean much to anyone else, I just thought I would share,” he wrote.
2. “I made the joke with my brother. I was like, ‘Well, grandma’s gone, but she still somehow lives on in Google and is watching over us,” he said to KATU-TV.
4. Moore’s story of stumbling upon an image of a beloved relative gave others on Reddit and in comment sections occasion to talk about the family members they see through Google street view.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›