1. A man and his brother made a heartwarming discovery while scrolling through Google street view. When they zoomed in on their late-grandmother’s home they saw her sitting on the porch in one of her last photos.
Dustin Moore of Beaverton, Ore., posted the photo on Reddit. “I thought it was such an uplifting and awesome picture because it showed just how laid back and awesome she was. Might not mean much to anyone else, I just thought I would share,” he wrote.
2. “I made the joke with my brother. I was like, ‘Well, grandma’s gone, but she still somehow lives on in Google and is watching over us,” he said to KATU-TV.
4. Moore’s story of stumbling upon an image of a beloved relative gave others on Reddit and in comment sections occasion to talk about the family members they see through Google street view.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China's President Xi Jinping has said army personnel will be reduced by 300,000, the biggest cut to the military in almost two decades. ›