1. Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba posted an Instagram detailing his romantic proposal to his girlfriend, Colombian actress and model Nathalia Henao.
“That was the most incredible day of our life!! Special thx to the Las Vegas Police Dept. for the most amazing helicopter private tour over Vegas! We landed in a field at Police headquarters were I had a table set up covered in roses n a bottle of the bubble stuff for @naty_yummi8 as we walked up to the table @karikaisner slipped me the ring, and thats when I proposed! it was beautiful she didn’t expect a thing, it was magical.”
2. Many of DJ Ashba’s 1 million followers congratulated him, but Las Vegas police are investigating whether some members went too far in helping him pull off his grand plan.
“An internal affairs investigation has been initiated to determine if any department policies or regulations were violated in granting this ride-along,” police spokesman Bill Cassell said.
3. The issue comes at a bad time for the Las Vegas police department:
The helicopter ride comes as the department is already strapped for cash. Last week, Sheriff Doug Gillespie continued his push to increase sales tax in Clark County – which includes Las Vegas – from 8.1 to 8.25 percent. The tax initiative, dubbed “More Cops,” is aimed at plugging a $30 million budget hole, thereby saving some positions from being cut and allowing new officers to be hired.
4. Which explains why not everybody was overjoyed for DJ Ashba.
“It’s nice to know that Clark County (which includes Las Vegas), might raise the sales tax to pay for extra cops to give private helicopter tours for wealthy celebrities,” wrote one of his followers on Instagram.
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- Cyber Monday 2015 could be the biggest online sales day in history, according to data from Adobe. Shoppers are on track to spend nearly $3 billion 💳📲
- And there's a hilarious new rap meme of Pope Francis, thanks to a photo taken over the weekend of him giving his blessing 🙏🎤 ›