1. George Zimmerman, found not guilty in the killing of Trayvon Martin, was recently involved in a domestic dispute with his estranged wife and her father. A concerned citizen emailed the local police chief who responded candidly about Zimmerman as a threat.
2. In a series of emails between Santiago Rodriguez and Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell, the head of the local police department agreed that Zimmerman is a “Sandy Hook, Aurora waiting to happen.”
3. Bracknell went on to say that police did not have authority to search Zimmerman’s truck but he did have a gun inside. He said Zimmerman punched his father-in-law in the nose and broke his wife’s iPad over his knee but they did not wish to press charges.
4. The police chief sought to distance himself from Zimmerman and his family. “REST ASSURED, the last thing on planet earth I want is ANY relationship with the Zimmermans.”
“PERIOD the only guiding influence here is simply the law. Remember we were the agency that wrote him a $256.00 citation last week! No freebies here in Lake Mary,” he wrote.
5. At the end of his email, Rodriguez talked about his fear of Zimmerman.
“George is a ticking time bomb its become obvious,” he wrote. “Please for the sake of the community do not give up on this investigation so quickly because sooner or later another mother and father is going to be on CNN lashing out against the system due to this man snapping.”
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›