1. Egypt’s court on Monday banned Muslim Brotherhood activities in a continuing campaign to crack down on deposed President Mohammed Morsi’s supporters.
2. The group’s funds were seized, and the government was ordered to administer its assets.
“The court bans the activities of the Muslim Brotherhood organization and its non-governmental organization and all the activities that it participates in and any organization derived from it,” said the presiding judge Mohammed al-Sayed.
3. Army Chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi is leading the toughest crackdown on the 85-year-old Muslim Brotherhood in decades.
4. “This is totalitarian decision,” leading Muslim Brotherhood member Ibrahim Moneir said in an interview with Qatari-based Al-Jazeera Mubasher Misr TV.
“You are losers and it (the Brotherhood) will remain with God’s help, not by the orders by the judiciary of el-Sissi,”
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.