1. MillerCoors has taken one look at U.S. demographics and decided: We need to make a beer for Latinos.
2. Introducing Coors Light Summer Brew, a citrus-flavored beer, because Latinos love flavors, Coors reports.
3. Rudy Rodriguez, the company’s senior director of multicultural marketing told CNN Money the beer “was designed specifically for the Latino drinker to bring new users into the franchise.”
4. Coors did research on Latino preferences and found that they were partial to flavored drinks.
And when Nielsen data showed that Latino males ages 21-27 drink 20% more than general market beer drinkers, true opportunity was born.
5. MillerCoors, which owns Blue Moon, has third generation Mexican-American brewmaster Keith Villa unveiling a seasonal brew called Cinnamon Horchata Ale too.
OK, that sounds kind of interesting.
6. So what’s Summer Brew like and how does it taste? Latinos may be happy to know it smells like a mix of 7-up, wet corn and cardboard, according to Beer Geek Nation, which reviews beers and has 22,000 subscribers on YouTube.
7. “It’s not terrible,” the reviewer says. “It’s actually better than I thought it was going to be. It actually tastes a lot like Sprite or 7-up.”
“It’s fine I guess,” he concluded.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.