1. The hashtag #19ForTrayvon paid tribute to Trayvon Martin, a teen killed in Florida in a case that polarized the nation. He would have been 19, Wednesday.
2. Colorlines began the hashtag.
3. Many joined in, telling short, poignant stories.
11. The tribute trended in the U.S. for a time Wednesday.
16. To many, the messages were bittersweet.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›