1. Now That’s What I Call Music! 49 debuted atop the Billboard 200 this week.
2. With 98,000 copies sold, it beat out the Frozen soundtrack, which sold 88,000 copies.
3. There have been FORTY NINE of these things.
4. Now 49 features hot contemporary jams such and Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball and Britney Spears’ Work, Work, which is an edited version of Work, Bitch.
5. Now compilations have been a fixture since 1998, though you probably didn’t realize they’re still releasing them sixteen years later.
The original release featured music from Marcy Playground, Aqua, Harvey Danger, and K-Ci & JoJo.
6. 15 incarnations of the Now anthology have reached number 1 on the charts, a record that’s second only the The Beatles’ 19 number ones.
7. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The NFL has upheld Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈