1. First off, you can’t see a show without paying a bunch of unnecessary charges to Ticketmaster.
2. You have to wait around for AGES listening to some generic, nameless DJ.
4. Standing around for hours is uncomfortable, so you constantly shift your feet around so they don’t fall asleep.
5. If you sit down in a chair, surly youths will ridicule you.
Damn you, surly youths.
6. Every time you think the headliner is starting and it turns out to just be another sound check, the disappointment is pure and crushing.
Columbia Pictures / Via werenotevensorry.tumblr.com
7. The music is usually too fuzzy, or too loud, or there’s too much feedback, or you can barely hear the lead singer.
Style Network / Via goodactivistsbadpeople.tumblr.com
8. …unless, of course, it’s an acoustic show, in which case SNOOZEFEST.
9. There’s always an ocean of smartphones extended above the audience, because everyone need a grainy video to put on Facebook that their friends won’t watch.
10. Bathroom lines are way too long, and trying to make small talk with other people in line is always awkward.
Daniellavision / Via daniellavisionblog.com
11. If you even make it to the bathroom, you feel like you’ll catch all the diseases if you touch anything.
12. Beer at live shows is CRAZY EXPENSIVE.
13. And most venues don’t allow you to bring water in. Don’t they know that dehydration is deadly?
Emmy Cicierega / Via emmyc.tumblr.com
15. Someone is constantly trying to forcibly push their way through the crowd to the front of the stage.
Spain / Reuters
16. People try to mosh at the weirdest times. It could be Lilith Fair and you still might get elbowed in the face.