1. “Cups (When I’m Gone)” by Anna Kendrick
Actual lyric: “You’re gonna miss me by my walk,
You’re gonna miss me by my talk,
Oh, you’re gonna miss me when I’m gone.”
2. “Closer” by Nine Inch Nails
Actual lyric: “My whole existence is flawed.”
3. “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John
Actual lyric: “Hold me closer, tiny dancer.”
4. “I Want It That Way” by The Backstreet Boys
Actual lyric: “Tell me why, ain’t nothin’ but a heartache.”
5. “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion
Actual lyric: “I believe that the heart does go ooooonnnnnnnnn…”
6. “Ghostbusters Theme” by Ray Parker, Jr.
Actual lyric: “Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!” I mean, obviously.
7. “Africa” by Toto
Actual lyric: “I bless the rains down in Africa.”
8. “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette
Actual lyric: “It’s not fair to deny me of the cross I bear that you gave to me.”
9. Your turn! What are some songs with lyrics you misheard? Add them in the comments.
- All charges have been dismissed against a popular protest organizer in Chicago. He was arrested Tuesday during protests over a video showing the police shooting of a black teen. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›