1. The Sims: If you’re running low on cash, just enter “rosebud” or “motherlode” a few times and you’ll be all set.
Real life: You are broke. So broke.
2. The Sims: You can have basically anyone fall in love with you within 24 hours.
“Flirt.” “Dance.” “Flirt.” Oh hey, we’re in love!
Real life: You awkwardly chat with strangers at the bar every weekend, only to remain single as fuck when all is said and done.
3. The Sims: You don’t even have to interact with other people to improve your people skills.
4. The Sims: Even if you’re a bad chef, you’ve got a bunch of recipes at your disposal. And you NEVER have to go grocery shopping.
Baked Alaska? Don’t mind if I do.
5. The Sims: Changing your hairstyle is as easy as stepping in front of a mirror.
Real life: That hair’s not magically growing back if you screw something up.
6. The Sims: Designing and redesigning are no big deal.
7. The Sims: Proportionally, you spend more time in college than basically any other phase of life.
8. The Sims: Giving birth requires clutching your stomach, then just having a baby magically appear in a shower of sparks.
And you don’t even need to go to the hospital.
9. The Sims: Hop on any workout machine for a couple hours and your body will magically shed those extra pounds.
Real life: Ten minutes of exercise is about all you can do before wanting to pass out.
Five jumping jacks is enough for one day, right?