The new — and final — trailer for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire played during the fourth game of the World Series, our nation’s own, slightly less lethal version of the Hunger Games. And it was packed with a bunch of new footage. Here’s the best stuff:
2. When Katniss got a great view of the new arena, with an enormous, perfectly circular lagoon in the center.
Hmmm. Curious shape, no?
3. When Katniss then looked up, and wondered something about the arena.
4. When she thought, Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I shot an arrow up there.
5. When President Snow (Donald Sutherland) watched Katniss, and realized, Oh crap, she’s going to shoot an arrow up there.
I wonder what is going to happen when she shoots an arrow up there? (Actually, I don’t — I’ve read the books. But you may still wonder what will happen if you haven’t read the books, and this is a spoiler-free zone.)
6. When one of the districts appears to be breaking into a full-bore riot upon seeing Katniss.
7. When Katniss had this epic freak-out, and Haymitch (Woody Harrelson) had to restrain her.
Tumblr, eat your heart out.
8. When Katniss screamed her sister’s name.
Seriously, Tumblr is soooo happy right now.
9. When what looks like a giant wall of water gushes out of the forest.
Side note: Nice look for the cornucopia this year, right?
10. When we caught a tiny glimpse of Finnick (Sam Claflin) and Mags (Lynn Cohen) racing with Katniss and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) in the jungle.
11. When Katniss received from Peeta a locket that not only had photos of her mother and sister, but one of Gale (Liam Hemsworth) as well.
(Thanks to eagle-eyed readers, I corrected this slide from a previous version that misstated Peeta’s connection to the locket.)
12. When the jabberjays began to swarm!
This isn’t really a spoiler, but if you don’t want to know, skip ahead.
OK, so, jabberjays were genetically engineered by the Capitol to listen to and mimic human voices. They can be really unpleasant.
13. When we got a super-quick glimpse of Finnick again as the jabberjays began to attack.
Anyone else feel like Lionsgate is really being stingy about revealing much of Finnick at all?
14. When Katniss ran into an invisible barrier as she is racing to get away from the jabberjays.
That is either great visual effects work, or Jennifer Lawrence is a fantastic mime.
15. When Peeta frantically tried to calm Katniss down, and we got a super-quick peek at Johanna (Jena Malone).
Johanna does not look well, you guys.
16. When the last shot of the trailer was Katniss screaming in agony as the jabberjays swarmed around her.
That was super intense, you guys.
Watch the entire trailer here:
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire opens Nov. 22, 2013.