1. On Monday, director Bryan Singer launched a new Instagram account with a shot of the first page of the treatment for X-Men: Apocalypse, the sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past.
It references the Nile, and “the Four Horsemen,” the henchmen of the powerful mutant Apocalypse — clearly evoking the post-credits sequence for Singer’s film X-Men: Days of Future Past, which became the top-grossing film in the franchise globally.
Singer has long been set as a producer for Apocalypse, but his status on the film as a director has been in flux in the wake of sexual assault lawsuits filed against him in April and May. And BuzzFeed has confirmed that while Singer remains attached to direct the project, he has not yet signed a firm deal with 20th Century Fox for the job.
2. But Singer is certainly not shy about associating himself with the project, tweeting this shot last week while working on the Apocalypse script with co-writers Simon Kinberg (center) and Michael Dougherty (left).
- Republican John Kasich and Democrat Bernie Sanders won the first votes of the New Hampshire presidential primary. Polls close at 7 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- At least 9 people are dead and 150 others injured after two trains collided in Bavaria, Germany, local police say.
- The Pentagon has confirmed that North Korea successfully launched a satellite into orbit on Sunday night.