1. On Monday, director Bryan Singer launched a new Instagram account with a shot of the first page of the treatment for X-Men: Apocalypse, the sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past.
It references the Nile, and “the Four Horsemen,” the henchmen of the powerful mutant Apocalypse — clearly evoking the post-credits sequence for Singer’s film X-Men: Days of Future Past, which became the top-grossing film in the franchise globally.
Singer has long been set as a producer for Apocalypse, but his status on the film as a director has been in flux in the wake of sexual assault lawsuits filed against him in April and May. And BuzzFeed has confirmed that while Singer remains attached to direct the project, he has not yet signed a firm deal with 20th Century Fox for the job.
2. But Singer is certainly not shy about associating himself with the project, tweeting this shot last week while working on the Apocalypse script with co-writers Simon Kinberg (center) and Michael Dougherty (left).
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️