1. On Monday, director Bryan Singer launched a new Instagram account with a shot of the first page of the treatment for X-Men: Apocalypse, the sequel to X-Men: Days of Future Past.
It references the Nile, and “the Four Horsemen,” the henchmen of the powerful mutant Apocalypse — clearly evoking the post-credits sequence for Singer’s film X-Men: Days of Future Past, which became the top-grossing film in the franchise globally.
Singer has long been set as a producer for Apocalypse, but his status on the film as a director has been in flux in the wake of sexual assault lawsuits filed against him in April and May. And BuzzFeed has confirmed that while Singer remains attached to direct the project, he has not yet signed a firm deal with 20th Century Fox for the job.
2. But Singer is certainly not shy about associating himself with the project, tweeting this shot last week while working on the Apocalypse script with co-writers Simon Kinberg (center) and Michael Dougherty (left).
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›