Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Anthony Mackie, and Mark Wahlberg in Pain and Gain
We already know Pain and Gain (out April 26) is based on the true story of a group of Florida bodybuilders who went on crime spree in the mid-1990s, as chronicled in a series of articles in the Miami New Times. But what can we learn from the film based on these 14 exclusive animated gifs?
1. Mark Wahlberg’s character, Daniel Lugo, likes to work out.
2. He takes it seriously, you guys.
3. He talks to himself as he works out.
I think he’s saying “PAIN!” here. Or maybe “SAYHELLOTOYOURMOTHERFORME!” — like, as a grunt.
4. He works out while he drinks his protein shakes.
5. He works out so much, he may never stop.
6. Even when he’s celebrating owning a kick-ass motorboat, he’s still kind of working out.
7. With all that working out, life seems pretty great for Daniel and his buddies Paul (Dwayne Johnson) and Adrian (Anthony Mackie).
P.S. Don’t feel bad if The Rock’s shoulders are terrifying you right now. You are not alone.
8. I mean, Adrian is super stoked about buying this house for one thing.
9. His girlfriend (?) Ramona (Rebel Wilson) is certainly happy about it.
10. On second thought, though, maybe life isn’t that great.
11. For one thing, Daniel does get hit by this cop car.
Still, that’s some good elevation.
12. And for another, Paul made the mistake of getting blasted by an ink bomb after robbing a bank.
Really bad call wearing light colors, bro. That shit does not come out.
13. Hey, Paul, I was just kidding around, bro. No need to take it personally…
14. Seriously, we’re friends, right?! Why is Adrian pointing that thing at my ches…
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›