1. Christmas cards are so much better when there’s a couple involved.
2. Christmas-themed rom-coms only enhance your loneliness awareness. Like this one:
3. Everyone knows December marks the start of engagement season.
6. But if you’re lucky maybe a fellow single person will be there too.
Perhaps your Great Aunt Gladys. Or your cat.
7. Prepare for the awkward questions such as, “Are you seeing anyone special right now?”
9. And everyone totally judges you for trying to drink away the agony.
11. No matter where you go that night there will be couples all in your face.
12. Everyone tells you to settle and spend New Year’s with that person you’ve been seeing every now and then when you’re bored on a Friday night.
But honestly you can’t stand them for more than a few minutes anyway.
13. You always contemplate boycotting festivities and spending the holidays alone.
14. But then again it’s much more fun wrangling all your single friends and going out anyway.
- A flash flood emergency has been issued Sunday in Charleston, South Carolina. More than 16 inches of rain fell in some areas. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›