1. Christmas cards are so much better when there’s a couple involved.
2. Christmas-themed rom-coms only enhance your loneliness awareness. Like this one:
3. Everyone knows December marks the start of engagement season.
6. But if you’re lucky maybe a fellow single person will be there too.
Perhaps your Great Aunt Gladys. Or your cat.
7. Prepare for the awkward questions such as, “Are you seeing anyone special right now?”
9. And everyone totally judges you for trying to drink away the agony.
11. No matter where you go that night there will be couples all in your face.
12. Everyone tells you to settle and spend New Year’s with that person you’ve been seeing every now and then when you’re bored on a Friday night.
But honestly you can’t stand them for more than a few minutes anyway.
13. You always contemplate boycotting festivities and spending the holidays alone.
14. But then again it’s much more fun wrangling all your single friends and going out anyway.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.