1. Rebecca Brown is a YouTuber that is afflicted by Trichotillomania, a disorder that makes her pull out her hair strand by strand, resulting in baldness and emotional trauma. She made this time-lapse to share her story.
2. This video was made using ~2100 photos over the last six-and-a-half years.
3. Rebecca’s hair changes length throughout the video. She says, “At the time of each shave, I am roughly half bald, more so round the sides and back. By shaving the hair that is left, it stops me ripping out more and allows my head to heal.”
5. When watching on YouTube, there are moments when Rebecca shares information about her mental state, particularly when she’s diagnosed or hospitalized.
In The News Today
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding an independent fact-finding mission into the deadly U.S. bombing on its Afghan hospital. ›
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›