1. Rebecca Brown is a YouTuber that is afflicted by Trichotillomania, a disorder that makes her pull out her hair strand by strand, resulting in baldness and emotional trauma. She made this time-lapse to share her story.
2. This video was made using ~2100 photos over the last six-and-a-half years.
3. Rebecca’s hair changes length throughout the video. She says, “At the time of each shave, I am roughly half bald, more so round the sides and back. By shaving the hair that is left, it stops me ripping out more and allows my head to heal.”
5. When watching on YouTube, there are moments when Rebecca shares information about her mental state, particularly when she’s diagnosed or hospitalized.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›