1. Chris Wong’s iPhone fell out of his pocket while skiing in Vermont. But Wong told BuzzFeed that when he informed ski patrol he’d lost it on a double diamond, they said to come back in the spring.
2. After fruitlessly searching for the phone with his hands, Chris decided to purchase a metal detector on Amazon and go back a week later to hunt once more.
3. Upon returning to the mountain, Chris realized how vast this undertaking would be. “This is bigger than I thought it was…” he said.
4. He and a friend took turns surveying the slope.
5. After some time he started to lose hope.
6. But then all of a sudden…BOOM!
7. And it still worked! Huzzah!
In The News Today
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›