1. Chris Wong’s iPhone fell out of his pocket while skiing in Vermont. But Wong told BuzzFeed that when he informed ski patrol he’d lost it on a double diamond, they said to come back in the spring.
2. After fruitlessly searching for the phone with his hands, Chris decided to purchase a metal detector on Amazon and go back a week later to hunt once more.
3. Upon returning to the mountain, Chris realized how vast this undertaking would be. “This is bigger than I thought it was…” he said.
4. He and a friend took turns surveying the slope.
5. After some time he started to lose hope.
6. But then all of a sudden…BOOM!
7. And it still worked! Huzzah!
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›