1. Sisyphus is the collaborative project from perennially beloved indie artist Sufjan Stevens and underground hip-hop vets Son Lux and Serengeti.
Their new self-titled album brings together the glitchy instrumentation Stevens experimented with on his album Age of Adz and Sun Lux’s frenetic beats. Serengeti, a rapper versatile enough to handle music this nuts, does the vocals. The result is an accessible, emotional listen.
2. Stevens and Serengeti first got together in 2009 on “Blood Pt. 2,” a remix from Buck 65, on the compilation Dark Was the Night. You could tell the artists had a lot of chemistry together.
3. The same three artists worked together again in 2012 under the moniker s/s/s and released the album Beak and Claw.
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›